Thursday, May 3, 2007

And when she danced ...

Ahh this song brings back good memories. I remember hearing this song on the radio when I was in secondary school. It caught me completely, even then, at that young carefree time, I really enjoyed sentimental love songs and pop. Up to this day, these songs make me feel warm inside. For me, they have a special kind of magic, which touches my heart, makes my soul sing along, my emotions come alive, from deep within, I feel my spirit answering the call of the song. Silly me =p yes, but that is who I am.

In school, I really enjoyed music by Kenny G, Dave Koz, New Kids On The Block NKOTB, Whitney Houston, Debbie Gibson, Jason Donovan, Kylie Minogue, Kool and the Gang, Richard Marx, Glenn Medeiros, The Culture Club, Eurythmics, Cyndi Lauper, Celine Dion, Chicago, Peter Cetera, Starship, Paula Abdul, Gloria Estefan, Tina Turner, Lionel Richie, The Bangles, George Michael, Michael Jackson, Babyface, Boyz II Men, James Ingram, Luther Vandross, Diana Ross, Julio Iglesias, TLC, Michael Bolton, Rick Astley, Stevie Wonder and David Foster. Dreamy music was my cup of tea, and still is even now :)

Wikipedia article on David Foster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster

Official David Foster website: http://www.davidfoster.com/


When I listen to "And when she danced", it makes me feel like dancing freely, as if no one is watching, only the one I love. Enjoying every movement, the sway of my hips, the patterns of my feet, my body moving in rhythm with the song. I don't dance well, but in my imagination, I would love to dance gracefully, fluid, the song a part of every cell in my body.

The song is from the "Stealing Home" soundtrack, the love theme from the 1988 movie starring Jodie Foster and Mark Harmon.

Here is a link to the movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096171/

Found the music video for this song, with David Foster and Marilyn Martin, and clips from the movie "Stealing Home":
http://www.olografix.org/krees/dfnet2/?p=243

Simply beautiful!

I found this touching youtube movie where this song is combined with movie clips from the 1968 Italian screenplay for Romeo and Juliet (Romeo e Giulietta) starring Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting. Having read this famous Shakespeare play several times, watching the youtube movie made it come alive. I always cry at the ending of the tragic love story. A wonderful moving combination, the song and movie clip go very well together.

The link to the youtube movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7XuAsgeuY

There have been many versions, theater and film productions, in different languages of Romeo and Juliet, and although I have not watched all of them, this Italian production brings the play to life for me.

Link to the 1968 movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063518/


Song Lyrics:

And When She Danced (LOVE THEME FROM STEALING HOME)
(Written by: David Foster and Linda Thompson-Jenner)

Produced and Arranged by David Foster

Keyboard: David Foster
Additional synthsizers programming: David Foster, Michael Bodicker, Bob Parr
Acoustic Guitar: Dean Parks
Electric Guitar: Michael Landau
Saxophone: David Boruff
Background Vocals: Jason Scheff, Tim Feehan, Don Osmond, Peter Thomas
String arragement: David Foster and Jeremy Lubbock


M: Can you go back in time to a place in your mind
To the one who knew a part of you
That you just couldn't find.
T: If you ask me to choose between a memory or two
When it's said and done
I'll take the one who's love I had to lose.

M: Cause when she danced
I lost my inner sense
I loved her then, I always would.

** M: She left with me
** F: It's still with me
T: A burnin' memory
M: She took with her a part of me

F: If I could get back where I've been
Feel the passion I felt then
T: I'd be there right now and yet somehow
It never comes again

## M: She had nothin' to gain
## F: No where to go
** M: To the way out of pain
** F: The time with
M: With a song and dance she lost romance
T: The world had gone insane

## M: Cause when she danced
## F: Cause when we danced
T: I lost my inner sense
** M: I loved her then
** F: I loved
## M: I always will
## F: I always will

** M: She left with me
** F: He left with me
T: A burnin' memory
F: Remember somehow
M: She took with her a part of me

T: Can you go back in time to a place in your mind
To the one who knew a part of you
That you just couldn't find
M: Lookin' back I'm not sure
If I won or lost the war
When she danced with me
Our hearts were free as far as I could see

F: I'd be there right now and yet somehow
It never comes again
M: When she danced with me
## M: Our hearts were free
## F: Were free
T: As far as I could see


M: Male
F: Female
T: Together
**,##: Sing simultaneously



No comments: